Monday, December 27, 2010

Last Days in the U.S.A

I leave tomorrow afternoon for Ecuador, and I still have a lot of training to do if I want to achieve my ambitious plans. I had a nice, long run this morning, doing sets of 50 push ups, sit-ups, squats, and mountaineers at various points. It felt great!

I also finished packing my bags with my equipment and was shocked to see how much equipment I will be wearing when I summit: base layer and fleece layer tops and bottoms, a second fleece top, hard-shell bottoms, down jacket, climbing harness, double plastic boots, ice axe, crampons, trekking pole, polar-fleece hat, balaclava, glacier glasses, liner socks, expedition wool socks, gaiters, glove liners x 2, arctic-grade gloves, helmet, and headlamp.

Together this equipment costs over $1750, and that's just what I'd be wearing at that moment!

In another development, I have looked into South American Explorers club and will be considering interning there this summer. A very interesting group, check them out if you do any traveling in Latin America (especially Peru, Argentina, or Ecuador). Finally, I have also confirmed my reservation for The Magic Bean, which should be a real treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment